NIBIO – Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research
- Norway’s largest multidisciplinary institute in agriculture and the environmental research, and among the largest research institutes in the country.
- Placed under the Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
- The institute aims to contribute to food security, sustainable resource management, innovation and value creation in the value chains for the food, forestry and other biobased industries.
Divison of Food Production and Society
- Department of Grassland and Livestock
- Department of Agricultural Technology and System Analysis
Divison of Biotechnology and Plant Health
- Department of Algae production
Division for Agricultural Technology and System Analysis
In Promac we work with:
Competence: seaweed cultivation and exploitation, ruminant nutrition, nutrient utilization in animal production systems, sustainability, food supply and operating systems.
Goal: Exploitation of seaweed for commercial purposes as a sustainable protein source for livestock production